Terms and Conditions Thame Art Crawl October 2021
- Thame Art Crawl: refers to the Event being run from Thursday 14 October– Saturday 16 October (possible extension to Sunday 17 October) 2021 alongside Thame Arts & Literature Festival
- The Organisers: refers to the team (primarily volunteers) involved in coordinating the event. Artists exhibiting at Thame Art Crawl cannot also be part of the Organising team, but can play a part in helping to practically set up and promote the event.
- Town Centre Venue: refers to the venue allocated to individual applicants as part of the Thame Art Crawl entry process and includes exhibition space for all days of the event. These are spaces secured by the Organisers within Town Centre Businesses.
- Saturday Venue: refers to the additional venues that will provide a pop-up exhibition space on the Saturday of the event that are centrally organised by The Organisers. These may not be available for 2021 due to the impact of Covid-19.
- Private Venue: refers to a space you have organised as an alternative to either of the above. This must be in Thame unless agreed with The Organisers. This cannot be a town centre business venue.
- The Artist: refers to you.
PARTICIPATION TERMS & CONDITIONS
As an exhibitor during Thame Art Crawl you are joining a collaboration of local artists and makers, working together to provide this opportunity to show work and sell to the public. To ensure the success of Thame Art Crawl we ask the Artist agree to the following before submitting their expression of interest/entry forms.
- All Thame Art Crawl entries will be allocated on the basis of one person per entry, with priority given to professional artists, local to Thame. However, if two or more artists genuinely collaborate in the production and creation of all their work then it is acceptable to apply as a single Thame Art Crawl entry.
- Applications must be completed in full or will not be accepted.
- Fees must be paid in full within 30 days of receiving an invoice for you participation in the event otherwise you place will be re-allocated. Please note: due to the impact of Covid-19, we cannot guarantee at this time that the event will be able to go ahead as normal. Therefore we have taken the decision to delay collection fees until closer to the event. We will be in contact with an update as restrictions are relaxed.
- Cancellation policy – if an artist decides to withdraw from Thame Art Crawl before 31 August, we will refund your participation fee. Cancellations after 31 August will be non-refundable due to the costs already incurred.
- Once accepted, The Artist must notify The Organisers as soon as possible if any of their contact details change prior to the event.
THE ARTIST’S EXHIBITION
- The Artist commits to providing high quality and finished pieces of work, in keeping with the images provided in their Application form.
- The Artist commits to label their art work clearly with a price, using labels provided by Thame Art Crawl as part of the event promotional pack.
- The Artist commits to being present with their art work where possible in Town Centre Venue, and must be present at all times for Saturday and Private venues, or have alternative arrangements in place.
- The Artist understands that neither the Venue nor the Organisers can be held responsible for any damage to art work as a result of involvement in the event, this includes times when The Artist is not present with their work. The Artist commits to obtaining Insurance to cover any damage to their art work as a result of it being exhibited at as part of Thame Art Crawl.
- The Organisers reserve the right to decline entries which are deemed not to be in the spirit of Thame Art Crawl e.g. an entry which is predominantly an advertising opportunity for a business.
- The Organisers will bear no responsibility or liability for any further business that may ensue from an Artist’s participation in Thame Art Crawl.
- After the event, the Artist agrees to complete and return an evaluation form (to be provided by the Organisers) providing details on visitor numbers and feedback on the overall experience of the event by the date requested. (This feedback is essential in providing us with a full picture of how the event is fairing year on year and to provide necessary information for reporting to our members and any sponsors).
TOWN CENTRE BUSINESS VENUES: Fee £30
Thame Art Crawl is curated as a single exhibition across several venues. Whilst every effort is made to ensure that all artists participating are allocated a space suited to the work they produce, due to the pop up nature of the event, spaces will vary significantly in nature.
- By applying to be part of Thame Art Crawl, the Artist consents to The Organisers determining the most appropriate venue for their work. When notified of the town centre venue allocated Artists will have 2 weeks to confirm their acceptance of this town centre venue in writing. If the offered town centre venue is unacceptable to the Artist and they decline it, the Organisers will then offer that town centre venue to an alternative Artist on the list. Where possible an alternative town centre venue will be found, but The Organisers cannot guarantee this.
- Once the town centre venue is agreed the Artist will be expected to liaise directly with the Venue manager to finalise the layout arrangement of their work and agree a time for setting up and taking down of their exhibition.
- The Artists are responsible for arranging the taking of payment for the sale of their work. This must not fall to the venue. It is up to the Artist to leave clear information about what should happen when they are not present in the venue and must ensure that clear contact details are left on site when they are not present. The only exceptions to this are for commercial Galleries for whom Thame Art Crawl is operated as a part of their normal trading pattern. In these circumstances a commission arrangement may be in place and Artists are responsible for finding out the details about this and agreeing to it before accepting the town centre venue
- The Organisers reserve the right to curate the exhibits in each of the town centre venue, to ensure the art work is shown to its full potential.
- At all times the Artist must remember that they are exhibiting in a Business Premises and therefore the Artist must accept the opening times and needs of the host business.
- The event relies on the good will of the businesses which host the exhibitions for free. Although businesses do commit to support the event, Thame Art Crawl cannot accept responsibility for any town centre venue becoming suddenly unavailable, for example due to closure. Where loss of a town centre venue occurs due to situations outside the control of the Artist, a full refund of their entry fee will be given.
- The Artist commits to collaborate with any other artists sharing a town centre venue, ensuring that expectations are managed about how Artists will work together, including processing sales and answering visitor’s questions about each other’s works.
PRIVATE VENUES: Fee £30
- Artists who are able to secure their own Private Venue in Thame are able to apply to be part of the event with the following requirements:
- Private Venues must not display the work of artists who have not applied to take part in Thame Art Crawl.
- Private Venues must comply with Health and Safety Legislation. We strongly advise Private Venues to carry out a written health and safety risk assessment. (This is not as daunting as it may sound and is a common sense review of all aspects of the premises, including any potential hazards that demonstrations of working methods by the Artist may cause. Support to create this is available from The Organisers).
- The Private Venue provides evidence of adequate insurance to cover their exhibition.
- Private Venues must let The Organisers know when they plan to be open for inclusion in Thame Art Crawl publicity, and then must ensure they are open at these times as many visitors make special journeys to listed Venues.
- The Organisers reserve the right to deem that any Private Venue is not suitable for inclusion in the event for reasons such as customer safety, lack of adequate insurance, etc.
SATURDAY VENUES: Fee £20
- Artists will be allocated a 6ft space in one of the participating venues.
- Each space will include one table if required by the artists
- Once artists have accepted the venue allocated, they will be put in contact with the specific venue host who will arrange the details with them around set up times for that venue.
- Each of these venues will include a % commission arrangement of total sales made on the day, this % is to be agreed.
PROMOTION OF THAME ART CRAWL
- The Organisers commit to creating and updating a website for the event.
- The Organisers agree to create and implement a Publicity Plan including a social media plan, local press releases, and links to local radio and TV. Whilst every effort will be taken to ensure the profile of the event is high, The Organisers cannot be held responsible for other organisations choosing not to publicise the event as hoped. The Organisers Publicity Plan is available for any of The Artists exhibiting in Thame Art Crawl to view. Artists are encouraged to play a part in improving and implementing the Plan.
- The Organisers will provide the Artist with an Event Pack which includes promotional flyers, posters and labels for work, as well as instructions for Social Media Posting.
- The Artist accepts that if they do not provide high quality images alongside their entry form, they will not receive the same profile as other artists in the exhibition until they do. If provided late the images may not be displayed immediately once received.
- Once Artist profiles are posted to the website, the Artist will be required to proof check their profile. Changes will be made following The Artist’s instruction.
- The Artist agrees to support the promotion of the event by collecting their own quota of Thame Art Crawl flyers, labels and posters on a given date/time and from Thame Town Hall, or arrange for someone else to do so on their behalf. The Artist will ensure that these are distributed in an agreed area during the run up to the event to ensure a successful exhibition for everyone.
- The Artists will promote Thame Art Crawl through any online presence that they have, ensuring that they put up a least 1 post a week to each social media platform that they have, letting people know about the event. The Artists will also share and comment on posts shared by other participating Artists to help promote the event. In these posts the Artist will ensure that they incorporate the following:
- #thameartcrawl #thame
- Link to @thameartcrawl sites on Instagram and Facebook
- The Thame Art Crawl logo is available on Thame Art Crawl web site. The Artist will include the official Thame Art Crawl logo in a prominent size and position, (preferably at the top of the page) in any and all additional marketing activity that The Artist produces for The Thame Art Crawl event. The Artist should also include the Thame Art Crawl website address – thameartcrawl.com
- Whilst every effort will be made to ensure the accuracy of information included in the Thame Art Crawl flyers/website, The Organisers cannot be held responsible for any omissions or mistakes which occur, but agree to amend any mistakes where possible.